Normally June would be the rainy month in Calgary, yet it’s July that’s been raining non-stop for two weeks. We already postponed the engagement session once before because of flash floods, and I was scared it would happen on the second time. I kept checking the forecast every hour to see if there would be any thunderstorms in the evening. When I made the call at 3:30pm, it was all clear. Then at 4:30pm it started spitting and dark clouds rolled in. I kept thinking, “omg Kate and Mike are going to kill me for wasting their time coming out here!” By 5 pm when we met up, there were lightning and thunder, so we decided to wait it out and chat about their wedding decor and what calligraphy work I can do for them. Yes, insert shameless plug in, I have a calligraphy and watercolor art business too. 😉
30 minutes later, it stopped raining and we decided to go ahead with the session. After the storm, the trees were so green that it made Kate and Mike pop when they stood against it. I’m so glad we decided to wait it out because there was no one around.
It was such a fun session with these two and I can’t wait until their September wedding.